Monday, January 24, 2011

Sharing Techniques


I am much more comfortable with ways to apply dyes than I am about how to use blogger but I have attempted to explain some of my techniques on my blog Notes from Studio 207... so have a look if you are interested.

This piece was done on stonewashed silk using fiber reactive dyes. I begin with a deconstructed silk screen layer and then rolled stripes of dye using a foam roller. I also used a foam brush on the edge and drew on it with an extruder.

The rolled edge in finished on a baby lock.




This is a close up of the other scarf... the first layer on this one was also deconstructed silk screen. Next I over printed several times using a screen that I painted with soy wax to make the grass like marks.

All silks are steamed and then washed in the washer and dried in the dryer prior to being serged to finish the edges.

No comments: