Sunday, January 17, 2021

Mark making

 I love taking classes. It is exciting to be amongst fellow artists and learning a new approach . However, at the beginning of the session, if I am told that we are starting with mark making, I freeze up and am filled with a sense of dread. Once again I return to junior high, suffering at the hands of a miserable and cranky art teacher. I have made several resolutions to overcome this negative attitude and tell myself that a lack of drawing skills should not paralyze. 

For this new year, I enrolled in Mark Making with Jane Davies. And, you know what?  It has been fun!

Here is a sampling of the very basic exercises to get started. No completed pieces to worry about, just having fun.






4 comments:

Mary Vaneecke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Vaneecke said...

Interesting, Lorraine. I am eager to see how you incorporate this class into your work!

rmarzlin said...

I like that playful approach. Jane Davies's classes look like fun for sure!

priscilla smith said...

I agree. Jane Davies classes are fun. I've taken several. They free and loosen you up to enjoy while learning. And it's fun to go back years later and look at your binders with all your samples and say I did those.
Priscilla