Saturday, October 23, 2021

When the Art is Personal

The inner workings and structure of the human brain have been of interest to me since I was a teenager. Since then, I have had some experience with brain trauma in our immediate family and it has deepened my respect for this marvelous organ. 

This piece is part of a series I'm working on (which I started 5 years ago). I'm loosely depicting neuronal cells in the brain using my own screen prints on hand dyed fabrics, as well as using other surface design methods to introduce brain imagery. Machine stitches enhance the design. I'm now working on two more pieces based on these screen prints and will continue to add to this series.

                                --Regina Marzlin

Cortical Columns, (28'' x 30'') by Regina Marzlin

 
detail, Cortical Columns

ReginaMarzlin.com

No comments: