Saturday, May 7, 2022

Yolanda Sanchez's 'Come Slowly--Eden!' Comes to Kathryn Markel Fine Arts Gallery

We congratulate ACN member Yolanda Sanchez, whose works on paper are included in her exhibition Come Slowly--Eden! at Kathryn Markel Fine Arts May 12-June 18 in New York City.  

Yolanda writes about the exhibition:

"Flowers have long been a central theme for me and are evidence of my deep-rooted relationship to the natural world, informing my overall approach to image-making.  On the heels of my recent solo textile exhibition, “The Earth Laughs in Flowers,” in which I explore the light and color of my immediate natural environment through native flora, I now continue this thematic journey in paint.  It is the color but also the sensuousness of nature that I endeavor to suggest in both my paintings and textiles.  I am interested in the joyful, playful, or even spiritual properties of light, and believe strongly that we shape the world around us through our perceptions, awareness, and attention.  I would like to offer an invitation to awaken to beauty and delight, to a moment of contemplation, below the line of thought.  My current series of paintings reflects a light-hearted, fun attitude, if even, at times, a bit wild and bold."


No comments: